Are you ready to register to start bidding government contracts?
"I spent 9 months doing the wrong things to register my contracting business. In this one short course, I gained everything I needed to know to register my business. I wish I had this sooner!" - Student Review
From the ages of 26-29, Derek James won 32 US Federal Government contracts worth over $15M. He did this with no prior experience and with very minimal guidance working for a woman-owned small business.
"I started out by creating resources to help small business owners win their first government contract. After a while, I learned there is a huge barrier to entry by just getting registered. I created this course to get people to get in the game so they at least have a chance at winning government contracts for their business. I've seen so-called consultants charge thousands for this process. It's my intention to try to put them out of business with this course". - Derek James
This course includes 11 lectures, 6 Downloads, and nearly one hour of premium content.
In this course you will learn everything you need to know to register a US Federal Government Contracting business including:
- How to get a DUNS number for your business
- How to register your business entity in the System for Award Management (SAM)
- How to obtain a Cage Code
- How to create a beta.sam account so your information transfers to the new SAM
- Whether or not you need to appoint an administrator and notarize your SAM registration
- How to set up your Dynamic Small Business Search Profile (DSBS) to be found by contracting officers
- Where to seek free assistance local in your state
You will also receive the following supplemental downloads:
- Written steps to obtain a DUNS number
- Written steps to register in SAM
- Notarized letter template for you to complete
- Written steps to set up your DSBS Profile
What you’ll learn
- After taking this course, Small Business Owners will know each step they must take to register their business to be eligible for government contact awards.
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- In order to register, you must be a U.S Citizen and you must already have a business EIN (TIN) number.
Who this course is for:
- Existing Small Business Owners who want to enter the Federal Marketplace or brand new business owners who are starting a GovCon business.
Derek James is an MBA Graduate that fell into the world of winning government contracts almost by mistake. At the age of 26, he began working for a small government contractor and started learning how to win contracts with the US Federal Government. In a very "sink or swim" environment, he barely escaped being fired in his first 3 months. Over the next few years, Derek James would go on to be very successful winning government contracts, securing over 32 Federal Contract actions worth over $15M with various US Government Agencies. Once he learned that his story is not-so-typical, Derek started helping Small Business owners to start winning contracts.
Today, Derek is passionate about teaching his strategy for winning contracts (the GovKid Method) to small business owners that want to learn how to sell to the Federal Government. Derek helps small businesses in many different capacities, depending on their needs and their ultimate goals for their business. Derek remains focused on consulting and creating resources that can help small businesses expedite their path to winning government contracts.